While a Cove dishwasher offers exceptional cleaning power and a sleek aesthetic, regular cleanings are essential for it to function optimally. Wondering how to clean a Cove dishwasher? Targeting the exterior and interior as well as the filter, spray arms and racks, should be part of regular Cove dishwasher maintenance. The following step-by-step guide details how to clean this high-quality appliance for years of superior performance.
Wondering How to Clean a Cove Dishwasher?
Follow These Simple Steps
Like water and detergent, dishwasher maintenance is key to consistently clean dishes.
Knowing how to clean a Cove dishwasher can also extend its lifespan and avoid costly repairs. We’ll break down how to clean your dishwasher’s essential parts as well as how often to perform these simple tasks.
Clean Cove Dishwasher Exterior
The first step in how to clean a Cove dishwasher addresses its stainless steel exterior and control panel. While cleaning these parts once a month can maintain their function and shine, visible debris should be removed immediately to avoid staining.
Follow these steps to clean a Cove dishwasher’s exterior and control panel:
- Wipe down the control panel with a soft, damp cloth. Avoid using any household cleaners or soaps.
- With a soft cloth, apply a non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner to the exterior. Rub the cloth in the direction of the stainless steel grain.
- Lightly wipe down the exterior with a damp microfiber cloth.
- For extra shine, polish with a dry chamois.
Clean Dishwasher Interior
It’s recommended that you clean inside dishwasher every 3-4 months. More frequent cleanings may be necessary if you notice a persistent odor or staining.
Here’s how to clean a Cove dishwasher interior:
- Wipe down the door seal with a damp cloth.
- Place one cup of white vinegar and 2 tbsps of baking soda in a bowl on the middle rack of the empty dishwasher.
- Run a Heavy wash cycle to completion.
- Alternatively, use a commercial dishwasher cleaner in accordance with the package instructions.
Cleaning Cove Dishwasher Parts
Regular cleanings of the dishwasher’s filter, spray arms and racks will keep odor and staining at bay. Your Cove dishwasher clean filter light will illuminate on the display panel after every 30 washes to remind you to clean the filter. We recommend that you use this reminder to clean the spray arms and racks as well.
These steps detail how to clean Cove dishwasher filter, spray arms and racks:
- Remove the dishwasher’s bottom rack.
- Rotate the green ring below the spray arm counterclockwise to remove the arm and access the filter.
- Unscrew the filter counterclockwise and lift up the filter and mesh screen.
- Clean dishwasher filter and mesh screen under running water. Gently scrub hard-to-remove stains with a soft brush.
- Replace mesh screen and filter, turning it clockwise to secure.
- Place the spray arm back in position and rotate the green ring clockwise to lock in place.
- Replace the bottom rack.
- Remove the bottom spray arm by rotating the green ring counterclockwise.
- Take out the upper spray arm by pushing upward before unscrewing in a counterclockwise motion.
- Rinse both arms under running water.
- Unclog spray arm holes with a needle or straightened paper clip.
- Replace spray arms, turning clockwise to secure each in place.
- Remove each rack one by one.
- Wipe down each with a damp cloth.
- Scrub stubborn stains with a non-abrasive sponge and warm, soapy water.
- Replace each rack.
While knowing how to clean a Cove dishwasher can avoid many pitfalls, the need for repairs may still arise. If they do, contact the experts at Blue Sky Appliance for the best Cove dishwasher repair in Chicago.