One of a Wolf range’s many amenities is its griddle, providing multiple cooking options for a variety of foods. What is the right Wolf range griddle maintenance to use and care for it correctly? Regular seasoning and cleaning with the proper techniques can ensure optimal function. Learn how to season a Wolf range griddle, as well as helpful cleaning and cooking tips, to fully enjoy its many advantages.
Care & Maintenance Tips: How to Season a Wolf Range Griddle
Proper griddle care is an essential part of Wolf range maintenance, keeping your high-end appliance operating at its best. But learning how to care for this cooking surface can generate many questions, especially for first time griddle-owners. The following guide breaks down how to season a Wolf griddle, as well as how to clean it and cook on it, using easy-to-follow steps.
FAQ #1- Why You Need to Season a Wolf Range Griddle
Seasoning the griddle before its first use ensures that any protective coatings or packing materials are removed from the surface. However, regular seasonings after every deep cleaning are also essential to its maintenance.
Seasoning a griddle provides the following benefits:
- Creates a non-stick surface: The thin layer of oil that is applied during seasoning creates a non-stick coating, ensuring that food is easily released.
- Prevents damage: Seasoning can prevent scratches to the griddle’s metal surface.
- Ensures that the surface is clean: Seasoning after cleaning removes any lingering food particles and residue that could affect the taste of food.
FAQ#2- How to Season a Wolf Range Griddle
Seasoning a Wolf range griddle is a fast and simple process, requiring nothing more than peanut or vegetable oil and paper towels.
Here’s how to season a Wolf range griddle:
- While the griddle is still warm, pour a small amount of vegetable or peanut oil on a clean, dry paper towel.
- Spread the oil evenly throughout the griddle, avoiding the corners.
- Turn the griddle on to 350℉, leaving it on until the oil just begins to smoke.
- Turn the griddle off. Once it cools, remove excess oil with a clean, dry paper towel.
- Reapply a small amount of oil to the griddle surface with another paper towel, spreading it evenly throughout.
FAQ #3- How to Clean a Wolf Range Griddle
Proper griddle cleaning after each use removes stains and cooking residues that can mar the surface and affect the taste of food.
Here’s how to clean a Wolf range griddle:
- While the griddle is still warm, scrape grease and other food particles into the collection tray with a metal spatula.
- Once the griddle is cool, wipe away excess grease with a dry paper towel.
- Pour ½ cup warm water and 1 tsp griddle cleaner onto the surface. Scrape lingering debris into the collection tray using a metal scraper or Scotch-Brite pad.
- Rinse the griddle with ½ cup warm water and dry it with a paper towel.
- Use a paper towel to spread a small amount of peanut or vegetable oil throughout the griddle.
FAQ #4-How to Cook on a Wolf Griddle
Griddle cooking is different from using your range burners and cookware, requiring a few specific tools and techniques.
Keep these Wolf range tips in mind when cooking with your griddle:
- Season regularly: Seasoning before its first use and after each in-depth cleaning will prevent food from sticking.
- Use the right utensils: Metal utensils with square corners are recommended for griddle surfaces.
- Never use knives or shop objects: Refrain from using griddle space as a cutting board, as sharp blades will permanently scratch the surface.
- Be aware of the griddle’s hottest spot: While the griddle heats relatively evenly, it’s often hotter near the back vent. Reserve this area for food that requires higher heat or increased browning.
- Always preheat: The griddle has a preheating indicator light that illuminates when heating up and turns off when the set temperature is reached. Always preheat for accurate cooking results.
From how to season a Wolf range griddle to performing repairs, the team at Blue Sky Appliance Service are your Wolf range experts. Contact us for all your luxury appliance needs.